Year of the Family Inaugurated in Miao Diocese
The Diocese of Miao has dedicated the Year 2014 as the Year of the Family.
Bishop George Pallipparambil together with the Family Commission in the Diocese has drawn a Seven Points Agenda for a fruitful and meaningful celebration of the Year of the Family.
1. Every Family to start regular family prayer (if it does not exist)
2. Every Family to get a Bible (if one is still not there)
3. Every Family shall gift a Bible to another during the year
4. We shall fight drugs and drinks as the most dangerous enemy
5. We shall visit some families and pray with them (outside Birthday Parties, Weddings, Burial, etc.)
6. The Priests and Religious shall visit every family within their area and pray with them (outside official invited gatherings, Easter Blessings, etc.)
7. Every family should plant 12 trees during the year to protect the environment (remembering the 12 tribes of Israel and how we should promote our tribal identity, the 12 Apostles and Jesus who daringly went for His Father’s Mission at the age of 12)
Some Parishes in the Diocese Like the St. Xavier’s Parish, Lazu and Sacred Heart Parish, Kolam, had a very solemn inauguration of the Year of the Family. And other Parishes too had humble inauguration of the same in their respective mission stations. Every centre in the Diocese has planned various programmes to help every family to participate in the Year of the Family celebrations to become a visible sign of the Holy Family.