Lenten Message from Bishop George, Diocese of Miao
For Lent, Pope Francis proposes 15 simple acts of charity which he cited as concrete manifestations of love:
1. Smile, a Christian is always cheerful!
2. Thank (even if you do not “need” to do it).
3. Remind the other how much you love him.
4. Greet the people you see every day with joy.
5. Listening to the other’s story, without trial, with love.
6. Stop to help. Pay attention to those who need you.
7. Animate someone.
8. Recognize the successes and qualities of the other.
9. Separate what you do not use and give to those in need.
10. Help someone so they can rest.
11. Correct with love; do not be silent for fear.
12. have finesse with those close to you.
13. Clean up what has become dirty at home.
14. to help others overcome obstacles.
15. Call or visit your parents more.
The best fast
• Fasting of negative words and saying kind words.
• Fasting with discontent and filling with gratitude.
• Fury of anger and fill with meekness and patience.
• Fasting of pessimism and filling with hope and optimism.
• Fasting of worries and filling oneself with trust in God.
• Fasting of complaints and filling up with the simple things in life.
• Fasting of tensions and filling with prayers.
• Fasting bitterness and sadness and filling the heart with joy.
• Fasting of selfishness and filling with compassion for others.
• Fasting of lack of forgiveness and filling of reconciliation.
• Fasting of words and filling with silence to listen to others … make sure, it will help many people.
I wish you the fruits of this Lenten season.