Free Medical Camp & Workshop on Maternal Health and Hygiene in Miao
15th July, Seva Kendra, Miao: Seva Kendra Miao in collaboration with Assam Rifles organized a health Camp in Kaikhepother village at the Government Primary School, for the four surrounding villages on 22nd May 2013. The main resource persons in the medical camp were Sr. Sushma CM and Sr. Rosamma, the women’s coordinator in the Diocese
At 8:30a.m the chief commander of Assam Riffle inaugurated the camp. Altogether two hundred and thirteen (213) patients came for the check up. In the school premises a temporary shed (tent) and the arrangement were made for the workshop. The workshop on maternal health and hygiene was conducted thrice on the same day for the different groups of women.
The following points discussed during the workshop
1) Maternal and infant mortality causes
2) Antenatal care
3) Minor Ailments and Management during Pregnancy
4) New born care
5) Main health problems found in children
6) Immunization schedule
Out come from the participants
– Few women requested to have practical lessons on homemade tonics. The health-workers agreed to teach them.
– Few women shared about their own ailments and problems
– The women were attentive and interested during sessions